Friday, September 19, 2008

We Survived IKE!!!!

So, we did go over to San Antonio on Thursday..It was beautiful, except with the stress of trying to get far enough away and traffic made it impossible to enjoy the trip. Did I mention the traffic -- wow--our 3 hour trip turned into a 6 1/2 hour nightmare....Jake was joking he could run faster than we were driving.. Saturday we did get to go to Sea World.. Fun but very commercial..more stuff to buy than animals to see..
Thankfully, the Hurricane didn't even come close to where we were staying- Admiralty RV Resort-(friendly and family oriented-nice pool) next to Sea World... David worked on our toilet all day Friday --- got it fixed --- no more sewer smell!!!!!! Happy Wife!!! I am very thankful for my HANDY HUSBAND!
Getting the MH outfitted is like setting up a whole new house - Spendy$... I think we have it pretty much ready now.. cost twice as much or more than I thought..
The kids are being troupers..but they are ready for the fun and games to start. Today we had to bring the MH to the ford dealer about, 38 miles away from the campground we were staying at, to get the front end looked at. The guy said we open at 7am but failed to mention the front end guy comes in at 8. So we got up at 5:40am, (did I mention my kids are real troupers?) rushed around, Jake unhooked us in the dark-wow- 8^0 --- when we got here, the guy says "when my front end guy gets here at 8, I'll have him look at it..." I just smiled and said thank you but wanted to slug him for not telling me 8 before-- whatever... Hopefully it will be an easy -cheap fix--- I love our new to us MH but it is a money pit.. :~)
We are waiting next door at a diner called 59 Diner..cute real diner..Jake liked the jukebox -oh and the coffee..:) They have free screaming 4 bar internet service...nice. Good food as well.
Tonight we will be picking up Sheridan and Christine, who are flying in from Indianapolis,IN. around 9:50pm at Hobby Airport, across town....we will probably stay at Wal-Mart tonight..boondocking(free camping) ...
Saturday, (tomorrow) we hope to be off to the start of the BIG ADVENTURE...however, so far this ALL has been a big adventure... I can hardly believe we are doing this...it seems like a dream come true, even though it's a lot of work for everyone... bye for now..Julie 8^) Ahhhhhhh.......

No comments:

Post a Comment